American Fence Company of Des Moines: History and Reputation
For the past 55+ years, American Fence Company has reigned as the leading fence contractor in Des Moines, installing top-notch products for homeowners, businesses, architects, and fellow fence companies. No matter what you need us for, we’ve got your back. We proudly offer four different fencing services: residential, commercial, gate access control and material sales. In addition to employing certified designers and installers, we maintain the city’s largest inventory of fence materials.
Largest Inventory in the Midwest
All of American Fence Company’s branches maintain their own inventory, which collectively amounts to over 18 acres. Our fence materials inventory includes wood, vinyl, chain link and ornamental, as well as all the materials needed for high security barbed wire fencing, K-rated vehicle restraints, automated gates and more. We maintain such an enormous inventory because we operate in a large service area in Des Moines: Boone, Clarke, Dallas, Decatur, Greene, Jasper, Madison, Mahaska, Marshall, Polk, Poweshiek, and Warren. Commercial only in Allamakee, Appanoose, Benton, Blackhawk, Bremmer, Buchanan, Butler, Cedar, Cerro Gordo, Chickasaw, Clayton, Clinton, Davis, Delaware, Dubuque, Fayette, Floyd, Franklin, Grundy, Hamilton, Hancock, Hardin, Henry, Howard, Iowa, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Jones, Keokuk, Lee, Linn, Louisa, Lucas, Marion, Mitchell, Muscatine, Scott, Tama, Van Buren, Wapello, Washington, Wayne, Webster, Winnebago, Winneshiek, Worth, and Wright.
With over 18 acres of fence materials in stock, we have all the materials needed to realize fence projects of all scales. We also sell materials wholesale to fellow contractors as well as ambitious homeowners wanting to start their own DIY fence project.
Safe and Efficient Des Moines Fence Installation
American Fence Company of Des Moines goes the distance ensuring fence installation projects are handled with efficiency and according to the best safety standards.
- Safety. When installing a fence in Des Moines, our workers don PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), which includes safety vests and glasses, gloves, and boots. The team also follows programs regarding fire prevention, motor vehicle safety, respiratory protection, and hazard communication. Our insistence on safety has earned us an Experience Modification Rate of 0.73, which is significantly better than the national average of 1.1.
- Certification Program. In addition to safety plans, our installation staff has learned and follows the best practices for building fences of all kinds (chain link, vinyl, ornamental, etc.). Training also includes installing fasteners, fence gates, and gate accessories, as well as welding and setting fence posts.
- Professionals. American Fence Company employs trained industry experts passionate about their work. When you hire us to build a fence in Des Moines, you work with a dedicated team who know their profession from the ground up.
- Equipment. American Fence Company’s equipment is the best on the market, which our team of in-house mechanics ensures remains in top shape.
- Installation Process. When you hire us, your individual fence project is assigned a unique, identifying project number. If requested, our staff will perform survey field work. Public utility locates will be called. A superintendent will stake out the job site. Posts will be set and we’ll generate an as-built and materials list. Materials are procured, fabricated, and packaged. Once everything is prepared, our installation crew will get to work building your fence.
- E-Verification. All of our employees are e-verified and authorized to work in the United States.